Why Do I Need Renter’s Insurance?
Your apartment floods during a bad storm and your computer and furniture are damaged. A thief makes off with a treasured piece of jewelry. In these and other unfortunate situations, replacing the lost items could be a significant financial burden. With renter’s insurance, you won’t have to drain your savings to purchase new essentials from expensive electronics to clothing and household items. Even replacing the basic everyday items after a catastrophic loss could cost thousands.
What Does Renter’s Insurance Cover?
Most renter’s insurance policies cover loss or damage to your belongings caused by natural disasters, water damage, or theft. The most common types of coverage include:
- Contents insurance, which pays to replace your belongings after a loss
- Loss of use, which covers lodging costs if you are unable to live in your rental home because of damage to the property
- Medical, which pays the treatment costs of a household member or guest injured at your rental home
- Credit card fraud, which protects you from unauthorized charges to your credit card
- High-value coverage for fine jewelry, art, and antiques
- Coverage for earthquake, flood, water backup, and volcano damage
- Coverage for theft of items from a travel trailer or motor vehicle
Get a Free Quote Today
Focus1 Insurance Group can help you determine how much renter’s insurance coverage you need and find the perfect policy for you. We shop all the top companies to make sure you get the best possible rates. Call 541-772-3120 to request a free, no-obligation quote.